This version uses a very simple base so that you can taste the delicious, tart flavour of the acai berry! In fact, this is the more common way of serving acai in Brazil, as opposed to elaborate smoothie bowls commonly found in North America. The toppings can be replaced with any of your favourites, you can find some ideas on our blog about acai bowl ingredients here. The bowl can be made into a gut friendly, keto smoothie by using stevia or monk fruit in place of honey/maple syrup and reducing or eliminating the banana. A nutritious, tasty breakfast for all! We hope you enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Sugar free
- Nut free
- Keto friendly
- Paleo friendly
- 2 pouches (200g) of Inner Glow Superfoods acai puree
- ¼ cup water
- 3 ice cubes
- ½ banana
- Squirt of sweetener of choice (honey/maple syrup, or monk fruit/stevia for lower sugar version)
Toppings (optional, can be changed for your favourites!)
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Partially thaw frozen acai puree by leaving it in the refrigerator or running under warm water.
- Add acai puree, water, ice cubes and banana into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two bowls, and add toppings to the top of each for some added crunch!
- Dip your spoon in and enjoy the authentic taste of the delicious acai berry!