Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pouch (100g) thawed açaí puree
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or a few drops of stevia/monk fruit sweetener to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 teaspoons honey (or several drops stevia/monk fruit sweetener to taste)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup yogurt of your choice
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Make filling first: Mix chia seeds with 1 tbsp. Water. Let thicken for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring thawed açaí purée, blueberries and honey to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, and then add thickened chia seeds.
- Stir and cook for another minute.
- Set aside to cool.
- Note: this sauce could also be used for dessert toppings or ice cream!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients separately.
- Mix all ingredients together lightly.
- Fill each muffin tin until 1/2 full and make a little indent in the middle. Add a spoon of açaí blueberry filling. Top with more muffin mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.